The European Commission recently extended the deadline of its consultation on EU legislation on design protection. The new deadline is April 15, 2019.
The consultation is meant especially for the following groups:
1. All sectors of industry, businesses and designers owning/creating designs (including design and creative industries, small and medium sized enterprises, individual designers);
2. Union-wide bodies and associations representing the various economic sectors, including design and creative industries, small and medium sized enterprises, individual designers, design right owners as well as legal practitioners and professional representatives in the area of design law;
3. Member States and national authorities (in particular national intellectual property offices) dealing with design protection;
4. The Judiciary, the legal profession and academia;
5. General public, consumer and consumer organisations, civil rights associations.
This consultation will help the European Commission to assess potential needs for improvement of the current legal framework of design protection. Have your say now by sharing your view!