WHAT DO WE COFINANCE?
Receive intellectual property (IP) pre-diagnostic services from a qualified expert, free of charge.
Be reimbursed for 50% of the Patent Attorney fees related to a European Patent application, up to 2.000€ per application process.
EPO registration fees
Be reimbursed for 75% of the cost of a European Patent Application, up to 2.500€ per patent application.
IPA4SME provides financial and expert support for intellectual property (IP) valorisation and protection services to SMEs, worth up to 15.000 EUR.
Protection of IP is crucial for promoting innovation and boosting the competitiveness of European SMEs. In order to support SMEs, IPA4SME offers the following services:
- IP Pre-diagnostics: Free of charge expert analysis of SMEs’ existing technology and knowledge assets along with a customised IP business strategy.
- IP Protection Co-financing: Partial reimbursement of the costs associated with the IP registration process. This support will be provided through 2 distinct services
- EPO fee reimbursement: For each EPO patent application, beneficiaries will receive 75% of the corresponding EPO fee with a limit of 2.500 EUR per patent application. This service will be limited to 5 applications per SME
- IP attorney fee reimbursement: For each patent application process beneficiaries will receive 50% of their IP attorney costs up to 2.000 EUR. The IP attorneys must be entitled to act before the EPO. There is no limit to the number of applications for this service but each application must be associated with a unique patent application process.
IPA4SME is a COSME action being carried out by a consortium composed of CARSA (Leader and Coordination Centre), the University of Alicante and GOPAcom.
The IPA4SME Call specifically targets both EU SMEs or SMEs from a COSME member states which:
- granted a SoE from the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument programme or the EIC Accelerator Pilot during the three years prior to the cut-off date to which they submit their application;
- or has been identified as an innovative SME by the IP pre-diagnostic Service (or equivalent) from any EU Member State or COSME Member State.
In order to be eligible to any of the support actions, applicant SME must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be a company incorporated in a EU Member State or COSME Member State;
- Be the holder of a Seal of Excellence (SoE) awarded in the context of the H2020 SME instrument (the SoE must have been awarded to the SME during the last 3 years prior to the cut-off date); or being identified as an innovative SME by the IP pre-diagnostic Service (or equivalent) from any EU Member State or COSME Member State (the certificate must have been awarded to the SME during the last 3 years prior to the cut-off date);
- Meet the financial criteria to be considered an SME by the European Commission (EC): have an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
- To be eligible for IP Pre-diagnostic (Service 1), SMEs must be incorporated in one of the following EU Member States: Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Spain and Sweden